Events Coming Up
If travelling independently please note:
- The start time is 11.00 am in all cases. We work from 11.00 am – 4.30 pm and visit different sites each week.
- To confirm details of times and locations please contact Jon Brock on 07587 069169.
- A minibus service from Plymouth is available. This leaves from 89 Houndiscombe Road, which is left of the Baptist Church on Mutley Plain in Plymouth at 9.00 am.
- Please contact Brian Daniel on 07816 633455 or email@example.com to let us know if you are planning to come on the bus.
- Lifts from Exeter can usually be arranged.
January – March
Tree planting at various sites around South Devon, with up to 7,000 trees to be planted.
We will also be working in the nurseries on Tuesdays – lifting trees and lining out seedlings.
April - July
Finalising any planting, taking down the tea tent and generally tidying away until next winter. Some previous planting sites will need a bit of TLC to ensure the trees are growing well.
Nursery beds will require digging and clearing ready for the next lot of seedlings.
This year we will be carrying out improvements to the huts at both main nurseries, so we will be looking for handy carpenters!
August - October
Seed gathering season. Various groups will be out in the countryside, picking and gathering berries and seeds. These will then need to be processed and stored suitably, or planted straight into the ground.
November - December
We will start planting once the trees are dormant, sometimes mid-November. Lots to plant this year at a range of sites so the more the merrier!